Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Love Revolution

I have been getting really excited lately reading a book called The Love Revolution. I thought I had made the idea up, but then I discovered a CD by Natalie Grant (NOT Nichole Nordeman as I originally thought) and this book by Joyce Meyer by the same name! There actually is a love revolution going on in the world. It is a movement of hearts towards what is right. It is a taking up of arms, putting on love, and acting in love.

I am very passionate about ending abortion, human trafficking, poverty, and other world problems, but I never know what to do to help. My whole life I have made excuses for myself as to why I didn't do something that I should have or to avoid situations where I would be out of my comfort zone. My greatest excuse, my security blanket, was my shyness and tendency to be the quiet one. It was about two months ago when I learned that Mother Teresa had been very shy in her youth, but knew she had to just get over it if she was going to love others. Mother Teresa. I can't tell you how much that little bit of passing information has begun to change my heart. I began reading more about Mother Teresa and learning about her way of life. I found this book about the Love Revolution and am learning how to practice it in my own life. Though I have spent my whole life until now becoming a queen of excuses, I am determined now to learn what it means to really put love in action. I have spent my life waiting for someone to come and lead me, to show me the way, or at least to walk with me. But He already came, more than 2000 years ago.

I will have a lot more to say about this after the holidays, but for now, look at Linus from Charlie Brown as an example. He gave that pitiful little Christmas tree his own security blanket to support it for the decorations that would transform it into a beautifully lit tree: "I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love." We all just need a little love.

May your Christmas be merry and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment