Monday, August 30, 2010

Moving Mountains

"Savior, He can move a mountain." So said the graffiti on my desk in my English class. My friend pointed to it and said, "Can He? I've never seen Him do it."

I couldn't reply since the professor walked in right at that moment, but I wanted to say, "Maybe you haven't been looking."

I see mountains moved every day. Not physical mountains, but mountains just the same. He moved a mountain in my heart a little over a year ago. I had been trying to go around it and pretend it wasn't there, but He pushed it right in front of me. Suddenly, the truth about my heart and His love for me stared me in the face. I could have run away or continued to ignore it, going on living life in the hole I'd dug for myself. But I knew that in order to truly come to Him, no matter how difficult the journey would be, I had to climb it.

He didn't make me do it alone. He was with me, carrying me every step of the way, sending me friends and angels to encourage and teach me. I learned so much in that journey because I was able to gain a new perspective on the world around me. What looked big before suddenly seemed small and insignificant. What had once seemed out of reach suddenly seemed much more obtainable. And really, as I stand on top of this mountain that God conquered in me, I see a whole new world stretching out around me. It's as if I am beginning this life all over again.

See, when we say God moves mountains, it doesn't always mean He moves them out of the way. Sometimes He puts them in our way, giving us the choice to trust Him in the climb or to continue digging ourselves deeper into our holes. He never said His Way would be easy, He just said it would be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment