Monday, June 7, 2010

When Two Souls Go Walking

The other day, one of my household sisters called me to see if I would like to go for a walk and pray the rosary with her. I was delighted by the invitation and off we went. As we walked through the old, overgrown golf courses behind our campus, the sun showered its warm rays on us. I saw our dark shadows in the green grass--two souls trying to become saints. And even though I could not see a third shadow, I felt God's presence around us, because when two or more gather in His name, He is there.

When I walked with my sister, I felt like I was walking with a saint. God certainly worked through her to speak to me and touch my heart. He speaks through others a lot. And he often uses the most unlikely people in my life--people who probably have no idea that He is using them. They all leave footprints on my heart, like this household sister. It is always a little sad when they are no longer in my life, but I know that I will see them again someday, if not in this life, then in the next. In their absence, it is necessary to find other souls who will walk with us along the journey of faith. That way, when we reach heaven, they'll all be right there with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment