Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Message from Your Mother: Write these words upon your hearts...

Every summer my family vacations at a small lake in a one-light town in northern Indiana. As children, we picked out certain landmarks along the way to mark how much longer it would take for us to get there. As we passed through Rome City, just minutes before we reached the lake house, we always looked to the right at Sylvan Lake to catch a glimpse of the single house that rests on the tiny island in the center. I didn't know until this week that what we were missing on the left was Sylvan Springs, the place where Our Lady appeared to Sister Mary Ephram in 1956.

I have heard of the Marian apparitions in Fatima and Kibeho, and have visited places such as Lourdes and Medjugorje, but I never knew that Our Lady had appeared more than fifty years ago a mere minutes from our family's home away from home. Our Lady appeared as Our Lady of Lourdes, but asked to be called Our Lady of America. She was pleased that the National Basilica in Washington was devoted to her Immaculate Conception, and asked that it become a place of special pilgrimage. She came with a special message and desire to save our country:

“My child, I entrust you with this message that you must make known to my children in America. I wish it to be the country dedicated to my purity. The wonders I will work will be the wonders of the Soul. They must have faith and believe firmly in my love for them. I desire that they be the children of my Pure Heart. I desire, through my children of America, to further the cause of faith and purity among peoples and nations. Let them come to me with confidence and simplicity, and I, their Mother, will teach them to become pure like to my Heart that their own hearts may be more pleasing to the Heart of my Son...."

"My humble one, my small flower, we must have more souls who love, love unselfishly and without reserve. Who does anything who does not love?..."

"Write these words upon your hearts, my dear children, because of the compassion I have for you in my Immaculate Heart....''

It is like I mentioned in my previous post--we often don't think of our souls or the souls of others enough. But when we leave this earth, our souls are all we take with us.

I encourage you to go here to download the messages of Our Lady of America and learn more about her special message for our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment